There are two methods to giving a customer store credit: creating a credit memo or manually adding credit to their account.
ISSUING VIA CREDIT MEMO
1. Open the order for the customer
2. Select 'Credit Memo' at the top of the order
3. Configure the amount to be issued as credit
4. Before refunding amount, select 'Refund to Store Credit'
Note: you will have the option to refund a portion of the total amount being refunded to store credit if needed.
ISSUING STORE CREDIT MANUALLY
1. Select the customer you would like to give credit to and open their account
2. Navigate to the Store Credit link in the account left nav
3. On this page you can see the following:
- Current balance
- Update Balance
- Balance History
4. In the Update Balance section, enter the amount you would like to
add / remove
from the account
- To remove credit from their balance, enter a negative number such as -10 to remove 10 credits.