Email marketing is one of the most powerful tools in e-commerce. On average, it produces $44 for every $1 spent. But before launching the email campaign, you need to set up a newsletter subscription in your Magento 2. Let’s see how to do it.
You can create as many newsletter templates as you need for different purposes. You might send a weekly product update, a monthly newsletter, or annual holiday newsletter. Newsletter templates can be prepared with HTML markup, or as plain text. Unlike HTML, plain text newsletters contain no images, rich text, or formatted links. In the grid, the Template Type column indicates whether a template is HTML or text.
Basic Newsletter Settings
Log into your admin panel and go to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- Open the Customers tab and click on the Newsletter option.
- Go to the Subscription Options section.
- If you want to let people without an account in your store to subscribe to the newsletter, choose Yes in the Allow Guest Subscription field.
- Set Yes in the Need to Confirm field to enable the double opt-in process of subscription confirmation.
- Choose the email template and sender for success, confirmation, and unsubscribe emails.
- Save the changes.
Newsletter Template Creation
Navigate to Marketing > Communications > Newsletter Template and click on the Add New Template button.
- Fill in the Template Name and Subject in the Template Information section.
- Enter the name that you want to show as a sender in the Sender Name field. Then, specify the Sender Email.
Move to the Template Content section and edit the template content with the help of the WYSIWYG editor.
a. In my case, I simply added an image saved on my computer, but you can add WIDGITS, LINKS, and OTHER ITEMS.
- Preview the result and save the changes.